Monroe County Solid Waste Management
District Main Facility Hazardous Materials Drop-off
3400 South Walnut Street
Bloomington, IN 47401
Tue. - Sat. 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital Lobby
at the Outpatient Pharmacy
601 W. Second St.
Bloomington, IN 47402
24 hours / 7 days a week
* Please dispose of pharmaceuticals in bottle or packaging with original label for identification of the substance.
* Strict privacy of personal information will be maintained.
* If necessary, however, pharmaceuticals for disposal will be accepted in unmarked containers.
* No needles/syringes, mercury thermometers, or inhalers. These items may be disposed of at the Monroe County Solid Waste Management District main facility at 3400 South Walnut Street, Bloomington, IN 47401.
* For pharmaceuticals from consumers only. Not intended for commercial use.
* Call the Monroe County Pharmaceutical Safe Disposal Program at 812-349-DRUG for more information.
Pharmaceutical Safe Disposal Press Release
Chris Gaal's Guest Column
The Federal Government's Response to the Prescription Drug Abuse Crisis
The Office of National Drug Control Policy Home Page
Monroe County Pharmaceutical Safe Disposal Program Poster