Click here to:
View Candidate's Financial Reports for Pre-Election Period
Barrett to Meyer
Munson to Werner
How Will You Decide?
On Election Day, you'll vote whether or not to keep on the bench several of Indiana's 21 appellate court judges.
The success of our nation and our state depends on a fair and impartial judiciary. Learn about Indiana's judicial retention system and the judges whose terms are up for renewal in November, including biographies and information about the cases they have decided. Courts.In.Gov/Retention
Voting in 2012
Monroe County is now a paper Ballot county, where most citizens will be voting by paper ballot. Others who may have visual or other problems have the abililty to use our new eState DAU system. To see how it work, and even practice, go the following links:
How to Vote using the eState DAU: http://www.hartic.com/files/eSlate.swf or http://www.hartic.com/files/videos/6300-315_eSlate-BrdBnd.wmv
Important Dates and Deadlines for 2012 - voting takes place in the Atrium of the Curry Building, 214 W. 7th Street:
May 22, 2012 Voter Registration Opens for 2012
October 9, 2012 Voter Registration Ends
October 9, 2012 First Day of Absentee Voting
October 29, 2012 Deadline, by Midnight for an
absentee ballot application from
a voter who requests to vote by mail
November 5, 2012 Deadline, by noon, for a voter to
Vote an absentee ballot in person
Hours are 8:00 am until noon
November 6, 2012 General Election
Polls open 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
Methods of Voting
1. Absentee Voting In Person Any voter can vote before Election Day. When you vote before Election Day you vote absent from your precinct polling site, which means you vote absentee (also known as Early Voting). Absentee Voting will be held in the Atrium of The Curry Building, 214 W. 7th Street (NE corner of 7th and Morton).
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday - October 9, 2012 through October 26, 2012 and October 29, 2012 through November 2, 2012.
Saturday voting will be October 27th and November 3rd only, hours will be 9 am until 4 pm only.
No Sunday Voting.
LAST DAY FOR EARLY VOTING AT 214 W 7TH STREET, CURRY BUILDING will be Monday, November 5, 2012. The hours are shorter than usual Mondays. EARLY VOTING WILL BE OPEN FROM 8 AM UNTIL NOON ONLY ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2012
TUEDSAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2012 (ELECTION DAY) Voting takes place at a voters individual Poll Location. Please check indianavoters.com for your Election Day Poll Location. HOURS FOR ELECTION DAY ARE 6 AM TO 6 PM.
NO EARLY VOTING AT CURRY BUILDING ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2012.
2. Absentee Voting By Mail
If you are a voter over 65 years of age, a voter with disabilities and/or their caretaker, voter who feels their polling location is inaccessible, voter who is scheduled to work the entire 12 hours the polls are open, and voters who are Election Workers. This is only a partial list. Please see the Secretary of State’s website at http://www.in.gov/sos/elections
for more information. To vote absentee by mail, you will need to submit an Absentee Ballot Application, form ABS-1 or ABS-2, which can be downloaded from the Secretary of State’s website listed above. You can also request an application from the County Election Board at 349-2612, stop by the Absentee Voting Office, or the Voter Registration Office, both located at 214 W. 7th
Street. Completed forms can be:
- mailed to Monroe County Election Board, P.O. Box 547, Bloomington, Indiana 47402
- faxed to (812) 349-2610
- delivered in person to 214 W. 7th Street, Suite 140.
3. Absentee Voting by Travel Board If you are confined, due to illness or injury, or expect to be caring for a confined person at a private residence on election day, you may request a bipartisan team of two to visit you at your place of confinement to assist you with voting. Call Absentee Voting Office at 349-2612 to request your application to vote by Travel Board. Deadline for Travel Board Applications is Noon on Monday, November 5, 2012.
4. Tuesday November 6, 2012 ELECTION DAY – Voters will vote ONLY at their assigned precinct polling location. Polls are open from 6:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Voters must present a valid photo ID, pursuant to Indiana Election Code, to cast a regular ballot.
If you have questions about your Polling Site, please call one of the following:
Voter Registration - 349-2690
Clerk's Office - 335-7219
Absentee Voting - 349-2612