Click here to:
Election Board Members
Election Board Number: 335-7219
Lorraine M. Farrell, Chair, email@example.com, 812-345-0150
Judith Smith-Ille, Republican Member, firstname.lastname@example.org, 812-332-8934 or 812-320-8576
Linda K. Robbins, Secretary and Monroe County Clerk, email@example.com
2014 Election Calendar and Offices to be Elected
New 2013 Annual Campaign Financial Reports
Political Action Committees
View Candidate's Financial Reports for 2012 Pre-Election Period
Barrett to Meyer
Munson to Werner
Notice of Next Election Board Meeting
Election Board meetings are open to the public. Check the Events Calendar for the dates and times of upcoming meetings.
Election Board Agenda/Minutes
VOTING IN 2014
Monroe County is now a paper Ballot county, where most citizens will be voting by paper ballot. Others who may have visual or other problems have the abililty to use our new eState DAU system. To see how it work, and even practice, go the following links:
How to Vote using the eState DAU: http://www.hartic.com/files/eSlate.swf or http://www.hartic.com/files/videos/6300-315_eSlate-BrdBnd.wmv
Important Dates and Deadlines for 2014. Voting takes place in the Johnson Hardware Building, 401 W. 7th Street, Suite 100:
|April 7, 2014
||DEADLINE, at county voter registration office's close of business for a voter to register or to transfer registration in the county voter registration office. Online voter registration ends at 11:59 p.m. Mailed applications MUST have a post mark of April 7, 2014. No faxed or e-mail applications will be accepted.
|April 8, 2014
||First day a voter may vote an absentee ballot before an absentee voter board in the office of the circuit court clerk. Absentee/Early Voting TBA.
|April 28, 2014
DEADLINE, by 11:59 p.m. to receive mailed, hand-delivered, or faxed absentee ballot applications requesting to vote absentee by mail.
|May 5, 2014
||DEADLINE, by noon, for voter to vote in-person early.
|May 6, 2014
||PRIMARY ELECTION DAY - Polls are open 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. There is no voting at Early Voting location on PRIMARY ELECTION DAY, only at the voters assigned Poll Location.
METHODS OF VOTING
1. Absentee Voting In Person Any voter can vote before Election Day. When you vote before Election Day you vote absent from your precinct polling site, which means you vote absentee (also known as Early Voting). Absentee Voting will be held in the Johnson Hardware Building, 401 W. 7th Street, Suite 100.
Hours: TBD, April 8, 2014 through noon, May 5, 2014.
No Sunday Voting.
2. Absentee Voting By Mail
If you are a voter over 65 years of age, a voter with disabilities and/or their caretaker, voter who feels their polling location is inaccessible, voter who is scheduled to work the entire 12 hours the polls are open, and voters who are Election Workers. This is only a partial list. Please see the Secretary of State’s website at http://www.in.gov/sos/elections
for more information. To vote absentee by mail, you will need to submit an Absentee Ballot Application, form ABS-1 or ABS-2, which can be downloaded from the Secretary of State’s website listed above. You can also request an application from the County Election Board at 349-2612, stop by the Absentee Voting Office, or the Voter Registration Office, both located in the Johnson Hardware Building, located at 401 W. 7th, Suite 100. Completed forms can be:
- mailed to Monroe County Election Board, P.O. Box 547, Bloomington, Indiana 47402
- faxed to (812) 349-2610
- delivered in person to the Johnson Hardware Building, 401 W. 7th, Suite 100
3. Absentee Voting by Travel Board If you are confined, due to illness or injury, or expect to be caring for a confined person at a private residence on election day, you may request a bipartisan team of two to visit you at your place of confinement to assist you with voting. Call Absentee Voting Office at 349-2612 to request your application to vote by Travel Board. Deadline for Travel Board Applications is Noon on Monday, May 5, 2014.
4. Tuesday, May 6, 2014 ELECTION DAY – Voters will vote ONLY at their assigned precinct polling location. Polls are open from 6:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Voters must present a valid photo ID, pursuant to Indiana Election Code, to cast a regular ballot.
If you have questions about your Polling Site, please call one of the following:
Voter Registration - 349-2690
Clerk's Office - 335-7219
Absentee Voting - 349-2612