Child Support, Monroe County Prosecutor child support enforcement
1. Address: One City Centre
2. Phone: 812-349-2668
3. Service: legal assistance in child support matters
4. Cost: Services are free for persons receiving TANF, Medicaid, Hoosier health wise benefits, and otherwise are $25.
District 10 Pro Bono Project
1. Address: P.O. Box 8382 Bloomington, IN 47407-8382
2. Phone: 812-339-3610
3. Contact Person: Diane Walker
4. Phone intake 10 to 12 p.m. Mondays and 2-5 p.m. on Thursdays
5. Services Provided: Assists in the placement of cases with Pro Bono attorneys to provide legal assistance to people who could not otherwise afford it. A variety of cases accepted including family law, housing, credit issues, and public benefits.
6. Cost: free for income eligible
District 10 Pro Bono Project Collaboration with Monroe Circuit Court- Counsel in the Court
1. Address; Charlotte T. Zietlow Justice Center, 301 N. College Ave. Bloomington, IN 47404- 3rd floor Hallway
2. Services: limited legal assistance available on a drop in basis: Divorce and Family Law Issues: Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Collection issues: Fridays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
1. Address: No walk-ins. College Square, Second Floor, 214 S. College Avenue,47404
2. Phone: 812-339-7668 or 1-800-822-4774
3. Website: www. indianajustice.org
4. Cost: free for income eligible
5. Application process- Phone in: Family Law intakes are Tuesdays from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. All other – Non Family Law issues: Tuesdays 1:30-3:30pm and Thursdays from 10 to 12:00 pm. In emergency, an applicant may request expedited service when calling the main number.
Indiana University Children and Family Mediation Clinic
1. Mailing Address: No Walk-ins, 211 S. Indiana Avenue, Bloomington, In. 47405
2. Phone: 812-855-9229- appointments arranged by phone.
3. Contact Person: Ginnie Phero
4. Clinical Professor: Professor Amy Applegate
5. Services Provided: mediation of divorce and some other family law matters
6. Cost: Reduced cost determined on incomes of each party
Indiana University Community Legal Clinic
Generally, only take cases in mid January and late August
1. Mailing Address: Indiana University, 211 South Indiana Ave., Bloomington 47405
2. No Walk-In Appointments
3. Phone: 812-855-9229
4. Clinic Coordinator: Ginnie Phero
5. Clinical Professor: Earl Singleton
6. Services Provided: legal services, primarily in the area of family law
7. Eligibility: low income and Monroe County resident
8. Cost: no cost for income eligible, but client responsible for court fee
Indiana University Protective Order Project
1. Ways to contact: Walk In hours Monday-Friday Noon-1:00pm at the Law School- Lower level room 010- on the corner of E. 3rd and Indiana Ave.
2. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone- 812-855-4800
3. Supervising Professor: IU Law School, Professor Seth Lahn
Indiana University Student Legal Services
1. Address: 703 E. 7th Street
2. Phone: 812-855-7867
3. Website: www.indiana.edu/~sls
4. Director: Randall Frykberg
5. Eligibility and cost: All IU Bloomington students who are currently enrolled and have paid student activity fee are eligible for services at no cost.
6. Services: provide legal representation in most civil cases (including small claim, divorce, other)
7. Application Process: Students may apply for services through the interactive web address or may “walk in” for application during weekly hours of 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monroe County Family Court Program
1. Address: Curry Building (next to Justice Building)
2. Phone: 812-349-2094
3. Contact Person: Colleen McPhearson
4. Services: Mediation and Facilitation to assist in custody and visitation issues
5. Application Process: Can be assigned by Court or individual can call direct
6. Eligibility: Serve those of reduced means on appropriate sliding fee scale
Protective Order Assistance Project
1. Address: Charlotte T. Zietlow Justice Center, Office of the Monroe County Clerk, 301 N. College Ave., Room 201, Bloomington, Indiana 47404
2. Phone: 812-349-2614
3. Walk-in only, no appointments
4. Hours: M-F 8:00am – 4:00pm, closed all Monroe County Government Holidays
5. Services: assistance for individuals seeking orders of protection from the court; filing petitions for protective orders; safety planning; referrals to community services. Protective order assistants do not give legal advice.
6. Eligibility: Individuals victimized by family violence, dating violence, sexual violence, or stalking.
7. Cost: Free
Last updated: 5/9/2012