The Monroe Circuit Court bailiffs with the assistance of the American Security Officers (ASI) are responsible for keeping the Monroe Circuit Court a safe and secure environment.
Security procedures are done for the safety of every person who enters the Justice Building; they are not meant to harass, exclude or inconvenience anyone. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance to achieve our goal.
Every person entering the Justice Building is subject to a search.
All Litigants and visitors should arrive early for court proceedings to allow time for security measures.
There are a variety of potentially hazardous and dangerous items that are not permitted inside the Justice Building. In general, items that could be used to injure or harm another person are not permitted. If in doubt about an item, check the prohibited items list, leave it home or in your car.
- NO Weapons of any type.
- NO Cutting instruments of any type-includes knives, scissors, or anything with a cutting edge,etc.
- NO Tool of any type.
- NO Aerosol sprays or containers-includes mace, pepper spray, hairspray, shaving cream, etc.
- NO Photographic or audio-visual equipment of any type-includes cameras, video or audio recorders or players.
ALL Electronic devices or equipment of any type – including cellular phones-- must be shut off while in the courtroom.
No food or drinks are allowed in the courtrooms.
Procedure upon entering the Justice Building:
- All person entering the Justice Building are asked to:
- Empty their pockets and place the contents in a container for X-ray scanning;
- Place overcoats on the belt of the X-Ray scanning machine.
- Place purses, briefcases, backpacks, and parcels on the X-ray machine conveyor belt;
- Walk through the detector
- If the X-ray or metal detector sets off an alert or alarm an officer may perform another scan using a hand-held wand. The officer may also conduct a physical search of personal articles to determine the cause of the alert or alarm.
- Before leaving the security screening area, persons entering the Justice Building should be sure to retrieve all personal possessions.
- Security personnel are not responsible for anything left at the security screening station.
Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated
Security staff may remove offenders from the building; offenders may be arrested for disorderly conduct or the judge may hold you in contempt of court.