NOTICE OF REAL PROPERTY TAX SALE
Notice is hereby given that each parcel, tract, or item of (“real property”) in the following list will be offered by the Monroe County Treasurer at public auction to the highest bidder, subject to the right of redemption. This auction will be held Wednesday, October 5th, 2016. The auction will begin at 10:00 AM in the Nat U. Hill III Room (Rm 315) of the Monroe County Courthouse, 100 W. Kirkwood Avenue, in Monroe County, Bloomington, Indiana, and will continue until all tracts have been offered for sale.
Each parcel of real property in the following list will be sold for an amount which will not be less than the sum of the following:
1. The delinquent taxes and special assessments on the real property
2. The taxes and special assessments on the real property that are due and payable in the year of the sale whether or not they are delinquent
3. The penalties which are due on the delinquencies
4. $25.00 for postage and publication costs
5. $150.00 for interested party notification costs
6. Any unpaid costs remaining from prior tax sales
If the property is sold, a person redeeming the tract or item of real property after the sale must pay:
1. One hundred ten percent (110%) of the amount of the minimum bid for which the real property was offered at the time of sale if the real property is redeemed not more than six (6) months after the date of sale;
2. One hundred fifteen percent (115%) of the amount of the minimum bid for which the real property was offered at the time of sale if the real property is redeemed more than six (6) months after the date of sale;
3. The amount by which the purchase price exceeds the minimum bid on the real property plus five percent (5%) interest per annum on the amount by which the purchase price exceeds the amount of the minimum bid; and,
4. All taxes and special assessments on the real property paid by the purchaser after the tax sale plus interest at the rate of five percent (5%) interest per annum on the amount of taxes and special assessments paid by the purchaser on the redeemed property.
In addition to the redemption costs set forth above, the total amount required for redemption may include the following costs incurred by the purchaser or the purchaser’s assignee(subject to I.C. 6-1.1-25-2(e) and court order):
1. The attorney fees and costs of giving notice under I.C. 6-1.1-25-4.5
2. The costs of a title search or examining and updating the abstracted title for the tract or item of real property.
The period for redemption of the parcels of real property “sold” during the tax sale is:
1. One (1) year after the date of sale: (October 5TH, 2017)
2. One hundred twenty (120) days after Monroe County acquired a lien on the property under I.C. 6-1.1-24-6 (February 2nd, 2017)
3. One hundred twenty (120) days after the date of sale to a purchasing agency qualified under IC 36-7-17 (Urban Homesteading agency) (February 2nd, 2017);
The Auditor and Treasurer of Monroe County will apply on or after September 16, 2016 for a judgment in the Monroe Circuit Court against the real property for an amount that is not less than the minimum sum described above, and for an order to sell the real property at public auction to the highest bidder, subject to the right of redemption. The Monroe County Auditor and Treasurer are entitled to receive all pleadings, motions, petitions, and other filings related to the defense to the application for judgment. Any defense to the application for judgment must be filed with the Monroe Circuit Court and served on the Monroe County Auditor and Monroe County Treasurer before September 16, 2016, and the Court will set a date for a hearing to determine any defense at least seven (7) days before the sale.
The Auditor and Treasurer specially reserve the right to withhold from sale any parcels which have been listed in error or which otherwise become ineligible for sale either prior to or during the sale. Certain properties owned by the same person may be sold together.(As noted on list)
This Notice of Real Property Tax Sale and the tax sale itself are undertaken and will be conducted pursuant to the laws of Indiana which regulate the sale of land for delinquent taxes.
The owner of record of the real property who is divested of ownership at the time the tax deed is issued may have a right to the tax sale surplus.
Monroe County does not warrant the street addresses, common descriptions, legal descriptions, or key numbers of the real property set forth in the following list which is only provided for informational purposes. Visit the Monroe County GIS website at http://www.co.monroe.in.us/tsd/GIS.aspx or call us at (812)349-2839 or (812)349-2510 for further information.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL, THIS 12th DAY OF August, 2016.
THERESE K. CHAMBERS
AUDITOR OF MONROE COUNTY
Tax Sale Listings will be available in the Document Manager below starting September 2016 and updated periodically.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All TAX SALE status payments must be in the form of CERTIFIED FUNDS – Cash, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order ONLY! No personal/business checks or credit card payments will be accepted to take the property out of TAX SALE status.
2016 Tax Sale Schedule