Judith A. Sharp, Monroe County Assessor
Level III Indiana Certified Assessor - Appraiser
The Monroe County Assessor's Office maintains property records for all townships. The property record cards contain the assessed value of the property based on Market Value in use. We also maintain sales information of properties sold from 1995-Present for the entire county.
Job Opening Notice for Deputy Assessor
Property Tax Assessment
- Real Property is assessed on January 1st of each year.
- Property taxes are paid in the Treasurer's Office on the 2nd floor of the courthouse by May 10th and November 10th.
Business Tangible Personal Property
- Personal Property is based on property owned January 1st. Forms filed annually by May 15th.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Assessment of Personal Property
- New for 2016: Any business that has been less than $20,000 acquired cost for the whole county will now file a Certification for Exemption.
- Personal Property Forms
- For Farms please fill out the Form 102 and the Form 104.
- Business can choose between the Form 103 Short and Form 103 Long (please read criteria on top of the forms) and the accompanying Form 104.
- Supplemental forms can be found on the DLGF website.
- If you have any changes please fill out the Personal Property Change Notice.
Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Monroe County eGIS is a web based application of land records for property in Monroe County.
- Can identify land use, soil id and surrounding property owners.
- Can search by property owner, address and tax id number.
- Can search sales information.
- Can print Property Record information and Sales information.
- Our office provides signatures on Consent to Transfer Forms.
- We Audit and Approve Inheritance Tax Returns for Monroe County decedents.
Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA)
- All appeals are now filed in the County Assessor's Office, also all non-taxable exemptions (i.e. Churches, Not-for-Profit, Government, etc.).