Judith A. Sharp, Monroe County Assessor
The Monroe County Assessor's Office maintains property records for all townships. The property record cards contain the assessed value of the property based on Market Value in use. We also maintain sales information of properties sold from 1995-Present for the entire county.
The 2013 Form 11’s will be mailed out June 14th. if you have not received your Form 11 please contact our office to obtain a copy.
**Please make sure that we have your correct mailing address on file.
Deadline for appeals for this year is July 31st, 2013. You have 45 days to appeal this assessment, and the 45 day deadline will be July 31st, 2013.
Property Tax Assessment - Real & Personal Property
- Real Property is assessed on March 1st of each year. Personal Property is based on property owned March 1st. Forms filed annually by May 15th.
- Property taxes are paid in the Treasurer's Office on the 2nd floor of the courthouse by May 10th and November 10th.
Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Monroe County eGIS is a web based application of land records for property in Monroe County.
- Can identify land use, soil id and surrounding property owners.
- Can search by property owner, address and tax id number.
- Can search sales information.
- Can print Property Record information and Sales information.
- Our office provides signatures on Consent to Transfer Forms.
- We Audit and Approve Inheritance Tax Returns for Monroe County decedents.
Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA)
- All appeals are now filed in the County Assessor's Office, also all non-taxable exemptions (i.e. Churches, Not-for-Profit, Government, etc.).