Judith A. Sharp, Monroe County Assessor
Level III Indiana Certified Assessor - Appraiser
The Monroe County Assessor's Office maintains property records for all townships. The property record cards contain the assessed value of the property based on Market Value in use. We also maintain sales information of properties sold from 1995-Present for the entire county.
2017 Form 11’s were on mailed April 7th, 2017
DEADLINE FOR FILING AN APPEAL ON YOUR 2017 ASSESSMENT IS MAY 23rd, 2017.
Property Tax Assessment
- Real Property is assessed on January 1st of each year.
- Property taxes are paid in the Treasurer's Office on the 2nd floor of the courthouse by May 10th and November 10th.
Business Tangible Personal Property
Our office will only accept paper copies of the Business Tangible Personal Property Forms and the Business Personal Property Certification of Exemption. We will not accept faxes or emailed forms. Forms can be brought in person or mailed to our office at:
Monroe County Assessor Office
Attention: Personal Property Division
100 W Kirkwood Ave, Suite 104
Bloomington, IN 47404
Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Monroe County eGIS is a web based application of land records for property in Monroe County.
- Can identify land use, soil id and surrounding property owners.
- Can search by property owner, address and tax id number.
- Can search sales information.
- Can print Property Record information and Sales information.
- Our office provides signatures on Consent to Transfer Forms.
- We Audit and Approve Inheritance Tax Returns for Monroe County decedents.
Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA)
- All appeals are now filed in the County Assessor's Office, also all non-taxable exemptions (i.e. Churches, Not-for-Profit, Government, etc.).