Judith A. Sharp, Monroe County Assessor
Level III Indiana Certified Assessor - Appraiser
The Monroe County Assessor's Office maintains property records for all townships. The property record cards contain the assessed value of the property based on Market Value in use. We also maintain sales information of properties sold from 1995-Present for the entire county.
2015 Form 11 Assessment Notices were mailed June 16, 2015
Deadline to appeal you 2015 assessment is July 31st, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions - Assessment of Personal Property
Property Tax Assessment - Real & Personal Property
- Real Property is assessed on March 1st of each year. Personal Property is based on property owned March 1st. Forms filed annually by May 15th.
- Property taxes are paid in the Treasurer's Office on the 2nd floor of the courthouse by May 10th and November 10th.
Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Monroe County eGIS is a web based application of land records for property in Monroe County.
- Can identify land use, soil id and surrounding property owners.
- Can search by property owner, address and tax id number.
- Can search sales information.
- Can print Property Record information and Sales information.
- Our office provides signatures on Consent to Transfer Forms.
- We Audit and Approve Inheritance Tax Returns for Monroe County decedents.
Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA)
- All appeals are now filed in the County Assessor's Office, also all non-taxable exemptions (i.e. Churches, Not-for-Profit, Government, etc.).