We are pleased to have you as part of our 2012 HOPE Pays & Wellness program!
With the introduction of the new Employee Health Clinic, our County Wellness Incentives Program will be changing a bit this year. Below is an explanation of the changes:
- The HOPE Pays program is no longer going to be managed by the County Health Department, it will be managed by Rhonda Foster in HR and Meghan Ashland at the Employee Health Clinic.
- If you are on County insurance and are using the Employee Health clinic, you are automatically enrolled in the clinic wellness incentive program, and NOT eligible for HOPE Pays.
- If you are not using the Clinic, you are eligible to participate in HOPE Pays 2012. You will need to enroll during open enrollment in November 2011.
- The points system for HOPE Pays will NOT change.
- In an effort to avoid double dipping, if you decide to leave HOPE Pays mid year, and start using the Employee Health Clinic, all points earned for cash will be forfeited.
- Those enrolled in the Employee Health Clinic are still encouraged to participate in wellness events, and will receive cash from the clinic for doing so. Cards will be available for you to have stamped when you attend. Each event is worth $5 up to six events for a potential of receiving $30. The card is your responsibility. If you loose it, your events will be forfeited. Once you have attended six events, just turn your card into the Clinic. Cards will be available at the Clinic as of January 2012. This $30 wellness benefit is for employees only; not spouses.
Below is the breakdown of both incentive programs:
Employee Health Clinic Participants & Spouses
The County will pay each adult participant up to $332 for participation and progress, including: getting a physical, tracking progress, achieving goals, wellness activities and more. The County will pay each spouse up to $302 for participation and progress including getting a physical, tracking progress, and achieving goals.
- Clinic users must be on County insurance or part time & pay a fee.
- HRA’s, Wellness goals, & other medical related points will be managed by the employee Clinic.
- Non-medical activity and Lunch & Learns offered by the County HOPE Wellness Program will be tracked with a stamp card. Each event is worth $5 up to 6 events, and one cash payout will be done through the clinic. Spouses are not eligible for this benefit.
- Annual Physical $100.00
- Tracking goals online $52.00
- Achieved Tailored Goals $150.00
- Wellness Lunch & Learns (Employees Only) $30.00
For a possible Total: $332.00
Non Clinic Participants
- Need to be enrolled in at least one flexible spending or insurance program to participate.
- Will turn in medical & non medical documents the same as having done in the past.
- Pay points will stay the same
- $150.00 Max for the year
- Payout is now 1 time a year
- No spouses in HOPE Pays
Below you will find a few announcements and a tentative calendar of events for HOPE Pays. Please put these dates on your calendar so you can be reminded of when things need to be turned in.
You will need to document your well check visits and activities using the 2012 Signature Card - Female, or the 2012 Signature Card - Male. Please keep all forms for medical visits in a safe place as there will be no exceptions this year for turning in personal documentation such as bills, copies of bank account information, etc. We ask that you keep copies of everything in case there is a discrepancy at payout time. PLEASE USE your SIGNATURE CARD! You can print this on legal size paper or pick up your signature card at the Employee Health Clinic beginning the second week of January 2012. We are NOT allowed to accept any proof of visit with personal account information, such as Social Security numbers, or insurance information on them.
Also, when emailing your signature card and other documentation, please keep a copy of the sent email, and attach a read receipt as it is difficult for us to respond to ALL participants acknowledging that we have received your documents.
To kick off our new year of events, I would like to remind you of the HOPE Pays 500 club! All of those participants who acquired 500 or more points in 2011 will automatically become a member. It entitles you to receive a HOPE Pays Lanyard for your County ID badge.
Dates to Remember
- All documents for the yearly pay out are due by the end of the day on November 16th
- You will have until December 2nd to reconcile.
- Pay out day for 2012 is December 14th.
We hope the 2012 HOPE Wellness Program will bring you lots of fun, and exciting health education in the upcoming year!