The Monroe County Health Department has taken several steps to improve septic system installations for property owners. A Registered Installer of Monroe County should be knowledgeable of all current septic systems allowed along with the County and State regulations governing septic installations.
To be a Monroe County Registered Installer one must accomplish the following steps:
1. Pass (by 70%) a standard departmental exam which covers varying types of septic systems, along with county and state regulations concerning septic systems.
2. Be Certified by Presby Environmental Systems
3. Requiring a minimum of $600,000 Liability Insurance on all Installers.
4. Require a registration fee of $100.
Homeowners who are knowledgeable and wish to install a septic system on their own property must:
1. Take and pass by a 70% score the homeowners installers test.
2. Be Certified by Presby Environmental Systems (able to receive online).
3. Pay a registration fee of $250.00.
Members of the wastewater team offer their combined experience of soil and septic systems preferred while following the law regulating the installation on any site.
2013 - 2014 Approved Septic Installers
Please contact Randy at 349-2834 or Gary at 349-2073 with any questions you may have about septic systems.