Want to Quit Smoking?
The Monroe County Health Department has trained tobacco educators who can help you quit!
As part of the Monroe County Tobacco Coalition, the educators provide cessation classes through the IU Health Bloomington Hospital sponsored Beat Tobacco program as well as in the community.
Free Weekly Cessation Classes
Tuesdays at 6 pm
- IU Health Community Health, 333 Miller Drive, Bloomington
Wednesdays at 5:30 pm
- Arby's Meeting Room, 3501 W. State Road 46, Ellettsville
Fridays at 12:00 pm
- Volunteers in Medicine, 811 W. Second Street, Bloomington
Individual counseling by appointment. Business or group counseling available.
Call Christina Kempf at 812-349-2150
Other Community Resources:
Owen County YMCA
- 1111 W. State Highway 46, Spencer, Tuesdays at 5:30 pm
IU Health Center at Indiana University Bloomington
- Free individual cessation assistance for IU students, their spouses and their dependents (12 years of age and older). For more information, call 812-855-7338.
Indiana Went Smoke Free July 1, 2012
Breathe Easy Indiana
Indiana's statewide smoke-free air law began July 1, 2012 and every county in Indiana is covered by a smoke-free air law.
Nearly all public places in the state, including restaurants and other workplaces, are now smoke-free. BreatheIndiana.com is designed to help Hoosiers understand the law. Click here to review the Indiana smoking ban law, House Enrolled Act No. 1149.
Press Release for June 19th, 2012
Indiana Tobacco Cessation & Prevention
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Monroe County Health Department. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them, they are for informational purposes only.